Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Just say no"

This morning we woke up bright and early at eight...okay so that's ten in the morning in Rhode Island, but it counts for something! We all sat down to a great breakfast of fruit, plantains, pupusas, and freshly squeezed juice. And chocolate donuts. After relaxing and hitting the gym and pool, we headed in taxis to the mercado de artesanias. I was glad to see more of the city on the drive there. The mercado was bright, lively, and colorful. I managed to make a few purchases even though I had absolutely no idea what the salespeople were saying. Which probably explains why I ended up buying a few other things that I had no intention of buying. Finally, after a saleswoman had handed me about three different paintings that I had happened to glance at, I looked at Susan who then gave me a few valuable words of advice. "Allie, just say no."
We had a great time in the mercado, though, and it was a really unique experience!
Thanks for reading!

P.S. Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Allie,
    You're an international shopper. Good advice from Susan. Have fun!

    Yo te amo.

    Tu padre

    ReplyDelete