Saturday, July 10, 2010

I have the best job in the world without a doubt!

I have been hesitant to post to the blog because I worry too much about what to say, should I try to be funny, reflective, philosophical...



One feeling that has remained constant is how lucky I am that taking trips all over of the world with amazing colleagues and brilliant youth is part of my job description! Working at Plan offers all staff unparalleled opportunities but getting to work directly with youth allows me to feel directly connected to to the work that Plan does in 60 countries around the world. My days vary from linking youth from the US with their peers in 48 developing countries to organizing a summer youth leadership camp for youth from around the world to traveling with 4 youth ambassadors to conferences such as the one that officially begins tomorrow here in San Salvador.



The Voces Youth Media Conference is bringing together youth and Plan staff from 12 countries throughout Latin America and the US. The youth will have a week to get to know one another, share best practices, strengthen their skills both as youth leaders and media makers and most importantly become part of a unique global network of youth focused on using their voices to create positive change. The conference has not even started and I am inspired by what could be. I know that by next Friday I am going to take a moment, sit at this desk looking out over the countryside of San Salvador and think to myself..." I have the best job in the world...without a doubt!"

1 comment:

  1. waahhhhh I'm so envious. I miss El Salvador so much. Eat some extra pupusas (try pupusas de arroz!) for me. I hope you get a chance to see my Barrio. :)

    And keep posting so I can follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete